Asphalt shingles cover more homes in America than any other roofing material. This roofing material is easy to install, provides excellent protection and it is often the least expensive roofing choice. Winfield Builders offers a wide variety of asphalt shingle styles and colors that are an affordable option for your Montgomery County roofing system.
An asphalt shingle consists of a fiberglass or organic mat coated with asphalt, then covered with colored mineral granules for protection against the elements. Asphalt shingles are available in a range of grades. The better the grade, the longer the life expectancy, which can range from 15 to 30+ years. Here’s more about the advantages of this roofing material.
- Easy to install. Asphalt shingles are among the easiest roofing materials to install. The size and flexibility of shingles make it easy to adapt them to any roof size and shape.
- Low-maintenance. Many roofing materials require regular maintenance in order to retain their appearance and performance. But asphalt shingles are easy to keep clean, and can quickly be repaired or replaced if they are damaged.
- Aesthetically pleasing. Asphalt shingles come in a wide selection of colors and textures. Our expert Montgomery County roofing contractors can help create a design that will match the architecture and décor of your home. Certain asphalt shingles can mimic the look of wood, tile or slate, giving your home an elegant finish at a lower cost.
- Lightweight. Although durable, asphalt shingles are still relatively light and will not place undue stress on your home’s roofing infrastructure. Heavier materials may require additional bracing or support before installation.
- Affordable. An asphalt shingle roof can be one of the lowest cost options for roofing your home, giving you an excellent return on your roofing investment.
Trust Professional Montgomery County Roofers for Quality Asphalt Shingles
Get all the features you want in a roofing material at a price you can afford. Contact Winfield Builders for a free shingle estimate today by calling (301) 370-7925 or completing our online quote request form.
Metal roofing is an increasingly popular choice among architects and homeowners alike, and Winfield Builders is the Montgomery County metal roofing contractor with the deepest experience in metal roofing systems. Known for their exceptional durability, metal roofs come in a wide range of colors and configurations. Innovations in paint and coating technology have significantly enhanced the performance of metal roofs and eliminated worries about rust and corrosion. Today, these roofs resist fading, chalking and cracking under even the toughest conditions. Here’s more about the advantages of this roofing material.
- Weather-resistant. Minimal seaming and tough panels make a metal roof resistant to rain, hail, snow, ice and sun. Metal roofs are rated for high winds up to 140 miles per hour.
- Durable. Metal roofs generally last 50 years or more when properly maintained. They are resistant to rust, rot and insects, and are nearly impervious to penetration.
- Energy-efficient. Metal roofs are “cool roofs” since they reflect much of the sun’s energy, helping to maintain a balanced temperature between the roof deck and the supporting structure. This helps you use less energy to heat and cool your home, reducing monthly utility bills.
- Low-maintenance. Metal roofs require little maintenance to retain their good looks and structural integrity. Metal won’t chip, fade, crack or curl like shingles.
- Aesthetically pleasing. Metal roofing is available in multiple textures and an impressive array of colors.
- Easy to install. A metal roofing system can often be installed over the existing roof, avoiding the need to tear off and dispose of old roofing.
In addition, our metal roofing systems come with extended manufacturer warranties that provide the peace of mind of knowing that your roof is protected while it is protecting your home and family.